Current Project Status
- Detailed engineering and project planning work underway with JV Vault, a joint venture with SNC Lavalin Inc. and PCL Industrial Management Inc.
- Third party review of the project completed
- Balance of long lead equipment and major procurement packages to be awarded in 2011
- Preparatory work being performed on site, including the construction of temporary facilities, lay-down areas, construction access gates & roads and installation of underground utilities. Piling and major excavation activities to begin in late 2011.
- Highway 7 intersection being upgraded to accommodate additional project-related traffic
- Preparation of a definitive estimate, for final approval of Project VAULT by Agrium Board of Directors in December 2011, underway.
- Completed a Design Basis Memorandum supported by a Class 3 Estimate and a Level 3 Schedule.
- Transport and assembly of underground miners completed.
- Awarded some long lead equipment orders and major procurement packages.
- Internal technical reviews completed.
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) contract executed with JV Vault, a joint venture with SNC Lavalin Inc. and PCL Industrial Management Inc., to complete the front end design engineering and planning, and when approved, execute the project
- Long lead-time mining equipment procured, including new ground-mounted hoist
- Development of potash reserves within the South Block section of the Vanscoy mine in anticipation of higher mine production rates required to sustain expanded production levels