The story of phosphogypsum
Release Date: 8/11/2011
Ever wonder what phosphogypsum is? Where it comes from? Where it’s stored? How it’s used?
Ever wonder what phosphogypsum is? Where it comes from? Where it’s stored? How it’s used? Well, the answers to those questions and many more can be found in Agrium’s new video “The Story of Phosphogypsum”.
The video addresses a number of topics including:
- The gyp stack at Agrium’s Redwater site
- The construction of the gyp stack extension
- Gypsum stacks located throughout the world
- Current uses of gypsum
- Radiation in the gypsum
- Agricultural uses of gypsum
- Vegetation of gypsum stacks
Since there have been a number of inquiries over the years regarding Redwater’s gyp stack, this video was put together to inform and educate employees, community members and government officials about the properties of phosphogypsum as well as it’s current and potential uses.